turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ttuel1

I started my 2019 return was almost done..had to pause for awhile i went back and it had timed out --- how do i re- access my return to finish it ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I started my 2019 return was almost done..had to pause for awhile i went back and it had timed out --- how do i re- access my return to finish it ?

Did you start before Oct 15?  You need to switch to the Desktop program to finish.

Online is now closed.  You have to print it out and mail it now.  Or finish it and mail.

How to finish a prior year online return   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-...

If you paid for the Online version you can ask support to give you the Desktop download.  Contact Customer Service 5am-5pm Pacific M-F

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

ttuel1

No. I just started and paid for it online nov 2.   But went back to finish it.   And it said to sign back in.   I did.  But can’t find 2019 to finish it 

ttuel1

I believe I’m using the desktop version.   I’m working on it from my home office computer 

The Desktop program you install from a CD or download.  When you worked on your return was there a black menu bar on the left side or a blue menu line across the top?

Start the program and go up to File-Open.  Did you save your file?  Are you on Windows or Mac?  The Windows program does not automatically save.  

If you used the Windows Desktop program you need the file ending in .tax2019 to open in it.  The tax files (and PDF files) should be in your Documents then in a Turbo Tax subfolder.  If you can't find them do a search for all files ending in .tax or .tax2019, etc.  And check the Recycle Bin.  For Windows 10 check the One Drive.  Did you make any backups?  Like DropBox.

If you don't have the main .tax file you might have one that starts with a Tilde sign ~ like  "~your name.tax2019".  That file is if your computer crashes or your real file gets lost or deleted or corrupt so you can restore it.

Find your Tax file in Windows

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-data-file/help/find-your-tax-data-file-tax-file-in-windows/00/...

And you don't need to sign in to the Desktop program.  Just launch it on your computer and open your return.  When you installed it did it make a shortcut icon on your Desktop?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies