turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

camars

I started a job on the 26th of December. I can't find a W-2 form sent to me from them... Do I need to include the 2 days I worked for them in 2016 or will it be included on my 2017 taxes?

I have my last pay stub from them so I can fill out some of the information that a W-2 would provide.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I started a job on the 26th of December. I can't find a W-2 form sent to me from them... Do I need to include the 2 days I worked for them in 2016 or will it be included on my 2017 taxes?

When were you actually paid for the time you worked in 2016?  Many employers have a pay period that ends on one day (let's say Sunday) and then the employee is paid almost a week later (let's say Friday). 

If you weren't paid until January, then your income would be reported on your W-2 for 2017.

If you are in doubt, check with your employer.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

When were you actually paid for the time you worked in 2016?  Many employers have a pay period that ends on one day (let's say Sunday) and then the employee is paid almost a week later (let's say Friday). 

If you weren't paid until January, then your income would be reported on your W-2 for 2017.

If you are in doubt, check with your employer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies