camars

I started a job on the 26th of December. I can't find a W-2 form sent to me from them... Do I need to include the 2 days I worked for them in 2016 or will it be included on my 2017 taxes?

I have my last pay stub from them so I can fill out some of the information that a W-2 would provide.

KatherineC

When were you actually paid for the time you worked in 2016?  Many employers have a pay period that ends on one day (let's say Sunday) and then the employee is paid almost a week later (let's say Friday). 

If you weren't paid until January, then your income would be reported on your W-2 for 2017.

If you are in doubt, check with your employer.

KatherineC