turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I sold my BX (publicly traded partnership) in the middle of 2016, and will I receive a 2016 K-1 form, which I need to include in my 2016 tax return?

The Blackstone (BX) positions were sold in June, 2016.  I have not received any K-1 form so far.  Will BX send me the K-1 form if I did not hold their position at the end of 2016?  Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

I sold my BX (publicly traded partnership) in the middle of 2016, and will I receive a 2016 K-1 form, which I need to include in my 2016 tax return?

Yes, BX should send you a K-1 Form 1065.

Because the partnership return (Form 1065) must be prepared first, K-1s (which show your share of the partnership income) are often late in arriving, so don't panic.

If you sold your interest in BX in 2016, you will want to report that in TurboTax, and reporting that this is a final K-1 is not obvious.

To indicate that this is the final K-1, you would mark that This partnership ended in 2016 on the page headed Describe the Partnership. (See the screenshot below.)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

Yes, BX should send you a K-1 Form 1065.

Because the partnership return (Form 1065) must be prepared first, K-1s (which show your share of the partnership income) are often late in arriving, so don't panic.

If you sold your interest in BX in 2016, you will want to report that in TurboTax, and reporting that this is a final K-1 is not obvious.

To indicate that this is the final K-1, you would mark that This partnership ended in 2016 on the page headed Describe the Partnership. (See the screenshot below.)

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies