zhxw82

I sold my BX (publicly traded partnership) in the middle of 2016, and will I receive a 2016 K-1 form, which I need to include in my 2016 tax return?

The Blackstone (BX) positions were sold in June, 2016.  I have not received any K-1 form so far.  Will BX send me the K-1 form if I did not hold their position at the end of 2016?  Thank you.

MiriamF

Yes, BX should send you a K-1 Form 1065.

Because the partnership return (Form 1065) must be prepared first, K-1s (which show your share of the partnership income) are often late in arriving, so don't panic.

If you sold your interest in BX in 2016, you will want to report that in TurboTax, and reporting that this is a final K-1 is not obvious.

To indicate that this is the final K-1, you would mark that This partnership ended in 2016 on the page headed Describe the Partnership. (See the screenshot below.)

MiriamF