Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cmartinya

I received my tax return money months ago and then I filed my amended for the unemployment tax exemption but still haven't gotten that return. Anyone else?

I'm just confused because I was led to believe I'd be getting another $1,000 after i filed the amended return but when I check with the IRS they don't even have any recording of the amended one
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I received my tax return money months ago and then I filed my amended for the unemployment tax exemption but still haven't gotten that return. Anyone else?

It will be several months before the IRS starts to process an amended tax return.

You need to check the status of the amended return on this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

the IRS did not want amended returns for the UC unless certain tax credits were not taken on the return because the taxpayer didn't qualify originally or perhaps because of the reduction in AGI, itemized deductions are now higher than the standard deduction that was originally reported. the IRS WMR tool doesn't work when the iRS will be calculating the UC refund.

also because of all the inquires, the WMR tool isn't even working correctly much of the time 

an article in the 7/11/2021 Chicago Tribune by Connie Lin of Fast Company stated that at one point the IRS was receiving 1,500 calls per second swamping its phone system.

also realized the Congress has underfunded the IRS, it's understaffed and has an archaic computer system  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies