I received another w2 after filing my 2017taxes.After submitting the amended information the total tax return is around $3,000.Will that be the total return or new?

Amended tax 

You will still get the first refund or need to pay the original tax due.  Then the amended return is only for the difference you get back or owe.  In fact you should not even amend until the first return has fully processed and you get the first refund or your tax due payment has cleared.  And make sure the original refund or tax paid shows up on the amended return.  You can confirm this by printing your amendment and looking at the 1040X. Line 18 should be your original refund amount and line 22 should be your additional refund.  If you paid on your original return it will be on line 16.  If there is an amount owed with the amendment, it will be on line 20. 

And FYI you have to print and mail the Amended 1040X return.  You can’t efile it.

The amended returns and original returns are treated as two separate returns so if you were due a refund on your original return you will get that and if you were due an additional refund on your amended return you will get that as well.