Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gillie249

I received an amended consolodated1099 from etrade. This was because of a late K-I (form 1065) - which was also mailed to me. How do I amend return?

There was a small distribution.  Can I input the amended Etrade form, or how do I put this one extra in there?  Clear as mud???
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmandaR1

I received an amended consolodated1099 from etrade. This was because of a late K-I (form 1065) - which was also mailed to me. How do I amend return?

You'll enter the schedule K-1 and 1099s directly into the software (the boxes in the software will match the boxes on your forms). However, you shouldn't enter your changes until you've started the amendment process and your tax estimator goes to zero.

When you say amended form, if you mean you received a "corrected" form (the 1099s should state "corrected" explicitly). If so, when you go to the related section (directions included below), you'll see a summary of all forms entered in this section. Click Edit to enter your new corrected information. Alternatively, you can click Delete and then Add another form. Reminder: only do this after you've started the amendment and tax estimator has zeroed out. 

To amend your return, select 2016 and the type of software you used (online or desktop) and follow the instructions that result: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

To enter the interest (1099-INT), dividends (1099-DIV), investment income (1099-B) & schedule K-1, follow the steps below:

1. Login and click Take me to my return
  2. Next, select the Federal Taxes tab and then click the Wages & Income tab below it  (If you don't have Federal Taxes, Click Personal, then click Personal Income)
  3. Scroll down and click the blue hyperlink Show more next to the Interest and Dividends section (1099-INT & DIV), and below it, Investment Income section (1099-B). Then, click Start or Update next to each applicable item that you have. 
  4. Scroll further down the income listing to the Business Investment and Estate/Trust Income and click Start next to schedule K-1.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AmandaR1

You'll enter the schedule K-1 and 1099s directly into the software (the boxes in the software will match the boxes on your forms). However, you shouldn't enter your changes until you've started the amendment process and your tax estimator goes to zero.

When you say amended form, if you mean you received a "corrected" form (the 1099s should state "corrected" explicitly). If so, when you go to the related section (directions included below), you'll see a summary of all forms entered in this section. Click Edit to enter your new corrected information. Alternatively, you can click Delete and then Add another form. Reminder: only do this after you've started the amendment and tax estimator has zeroed out. 

To amend your return, select 2016 and the type of software you used (online or desktop) and follow the instructions that result: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

To enter the interest (1099-INT), dividends (1099-DIV), investment income (1099-B) & schedule K-1, follow the steps below:

1. Login and click Take me to my return
  2. Next, select the Federal Taxes tab and then click the Wages & Income tab below it  (If you don't have Federal Taxes, Click Personal, then click Personal Income)
  3. Scroll down and click the blue hyperlink Show more next to the Interest and Dividends section (1099-INT & DIV), and below it, Investment Income section (1099-B). Then, click Start or Update next to each applicable item that you have. 
  4. Scroll further down the income listing to the Business Investment and Estate/Trust Income and click Start next to schedule K-1.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies