New Member

After you file

You'll enter the schedule K-1 and 1099s directly into the software (the boxes in the software will match the boxes on your forms). However, you shouldn't enter your changes until you've started the amendment process and your tax estimator goes to zero.

When you say amended form, if you mean you received a "corrected" form (the 1099s should state "corrected" explicitly). If so, when you go to the related section (directions included below), you'll see a summary of all forms entered in this section. Click Edit to enter your new corrected information. Alternatively, you can click Delete and then Add another form. Reminder: only do this after you've started the amendment and tax estimator has zeroed out. 

To amend your return, select 2016 and the type of software you used (online or desktop) and follow the instructions that result:

To enter the interest (1099-INT), dividends (1099-DIV), investment income (1099-B) & schedule K-1, follow the steps below:

  1. Login and click Take me to my return
  2. Next, select the Federal Taxes tab and then click the Wages & Income tab below it  (If you don't have Federal Taxes, Click Personal, then click Personal Income)
  3. Scroll down and click the blue hyperlink Show more next to the Interest and Dividends section (1099-INT & DIV), and below it, Investment Income section (1099-B). Then, click Start or Update next to each applicable item that you have. 
  4. Scroll further down the income listing to the Business Investment and Estate/Trust Income and click Start next to schedule K-1.

View solution in original post