Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a letter in the mail informing me the irs needed me to verify my identity. I followed the instructions online and it wasn’t able to verify me. Help.

I followed the instructions to verify online and they couldn’t verify me. I tried calling the phone number listed on the letter but it keeps telling me to try again later. How do I resolve this?
They were able to verify my husbands identity with no issues. Why can’t they verify mine?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I received a letter in the mail informing me the irs needed me to verify my identity. I followed the instructions online and it wasn’t able to verify me. Help.

Did they ask for BOTH of you to verify ?    And the most likely reason is the phone # since you most likely have one account and it is in his name  so you cannot do it online but will have to call the number on the notice or go into a local IRS office. 

Hello,

The letter was addressed to both of us. It was the 5071C letter.

However, the 800 number I keep calling says that due to the high volume in the topic i requested, they are unable to help me at this time. I just am unsure what else to do other than to keep calling.

Phones open up at 7am your time so try calling early.   Or contact your local tax office for an appointment to do this face to face.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies