vrflash

I received a cp2000 notice. I agreed with them, but here is a technicality. On the response form it says: send it to us in the enclosed envelope....

I received a cp2000 notice. I agreed with them, but here is a technicality. On the response form it says: send it to us in the enclosed envelope.... Use the provided voucher to ensure proper application of your payment.  But the address on the voucher is Fresno, CA 93888 and on the form 310 Lowell St, Andover, MA 01810. If I send them together, which address should I chose? I hate to send the response form and the voucher to two different places.  

Carl

Call the phone number on the CP2000 notice and ask.
vrflash

Thank you, Carl. The problem is, there is no phone number on the notice other than to request to postpone the response.

Use that one.
vrflash

I called that wrong number and 30 min later I got my answer: use two different envelopes for the payment and the response form. Case closed. Thank you, all.
kaitlynorde

Hi vrflash - did this strategy work for you? I am having the same confusion and the automated service says to return payment with the response form to the address on the response form. Thanks!
kelsey_dyck

After finding this thread, and also calling the IRS, I was told differently. I was told to send everything (payment, response, and voucher) to the address on the CP2000 response and that they would then forward the payment (and voucher) to the other address.

Solved in comments.