schmoldt75

I need to finish my return from last year. I need help locating it. can you help me? I need to do it today.

macuser_22

Why do you need to do it today?   If you owe tax then file ASAP to avoid more late charges (payments were due on April 18, 2017), but if you get a refund there is nothing that will change just because the year changes.

You have to sign onto your 2016 online account using the exact same user ID you used to create the account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your 2016 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for completing a prior year tax return started with the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb...