This link will help you recover your return to make changes. How to review and update your 2020 return if you already claimed the RRC.
If you did not receive your first and/or second stimulus payment or if the amount received is not correct, you can claim it on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit.
In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:
- Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
- Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
- On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
- Follow the interview
- TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
- Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
If you need to change the amount of stimulus payments received and have not filed yet, you can follow these steps in TurboTax:
- With your return open, search for stimulus with the magnifying glass tool on the top of the page.
- Select the Jump to Stimulus in the search results to directly go to correct TurboTax page.
- Follow the on screen instructions and reenter the correct information.
If you already file your return, you must wait until it is accepted before you can amend your return. For instructions on how to amend, please see How do I amend my 2020 TurboTax Online return?