ramonguz1996

I need to amend my Taxes but it says its recommended to wait for my original taxes to come in before i ship out this one but will i still receive the stimulus check since the thing i need to change was the dependency i put "some can claim me" to "no one"

Texas Roger

Yes it will affect your payment since dependents cannot get the payment. Wait until your efiled return is processed. Regardless of when you mail your amended return, it will take several months for the amended return to be processed and you get your stimulus payment. 

ramonguz1996

My E-file has been processed and accepted by fed and state. I received my state refund not fed yet. So im guessing i receive the fed one soon since i filed it on the 25th of last month. So i wait to receive the refund first then mail out? or can i just mail it out whenever. Thank you for your time.