turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I NEED MY EMPLOYERS EIN NUMBER FROM LAST YEARS RETURN

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You may be able to access your employers' EIN number from last year by viewing your W2 from last year (2015) if its available. TurboTax can also transfer your information from 2015 into your 2016 return.

Let me show you how to retrieve last years' tax information. You will need to login to the TurboTax account you used from last year in order to retrieve your information.

See link below that explains how to login and transfer your information from last year (2015) to the current year (2016).

**Please note that if you used a Free Edition of TurboTax, to transfer last year's return to 2016 Federal Free Edition, you will need to accept the upgrade to TurboTax PLUS. The option to upgrade to PLUS appears shortly after you sign in.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301662

Please do not try to prepare your tax return using a pay stub.  The information on your pay stub is very unlikely to match the W-2 you will receive by the end of January.  There is no advantage to rushing to file before the correct information is available.  Filing with incorrect information may cause you a heap of aggravation.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies