turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

terrykward10
Returning Member

I need copy of prior year

I need to upgrade I cant seem to get it to work
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Your message shows you are currently using the TurboTax online Deluxe edition.  Just pay for the edition you are using and then you will have access to the prior year online tax returns.  Provided you created the 2018 online account using the exact same User ID you used for the prior year accounts.

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card so you can access your prior year online tax returns, click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Pay Now.  On the next screen just click on the Continue button.  The next screen will show a review of your Fees, click on Continue.  Complete the next screen to pay by credit card and click Continue.

terrykward10
Returning Member

dont want delux addition I jut wanted plus for 19.99 I cannot remove can you help me???

@ terrykward10 wrote:

dont want deluxe addition I jut wanted plus for 19.99 I cannot remove can you help me???

We can tell you what to do.  How to proceed will depend on whether or not you have filed the 2018 return or not.

If you have not yet filed your 2018 return, and if you do not need Deluxe, we can tell you how to downgrade it to Free Edition by using "clear and start over," then upgrade it to PLUS, and pay the 19.99 by credit/debit card.   If that's your situation, I can give you all the steps.

However, if you have already filed your 2018 return, and accidentally upgraded too far after filing and are now in Deluxe, you won't be able to downgrade it yourself.   You'd need to phone TurboTax Support, tell them you accidentally upgraded too far, and ask them to unlock the prior return.  They may not even charge you.

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

There's also a free option if a return transcript will suit your purpose.   You may be able to immediately download one at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies