Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I might have made a mistake with my w2. Is there a way to fix it after I've filed?

My employer gave me two w2 forms and I'm not sure I put both in correctly. I need to know if I can fix this after I've already submitted the efile?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kadian

I might have made a mistake with my w2. Is there a way to fix it after I've filed?

Yes, you can fix the return by AMENDING it. You will not be able to go back into your account and make changes. Since the return has already been e-filed, any changes you make to it now, the IRS will not be notified of those changes.

to correctly make changes to your return you must amend it

The amended process will not be available until February. At that time click here and follow the instructions on how to amend a 2016 return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kadian

Yes, you can fix the return by AMENDING it. You will not be able to go back into your account and make changes. Since the return has already been e-filed, any changes you make to it now, the IRS will not be notified of those changes.

to correctly make changes to your return you must amend it

The amended process will not be available until February. At that time click here and follow the instructions on how to amend a 2016 return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies