I mailed my 1040 to the irs, they sent me a letter...

dodge22011

I mailed my 1040 to the irs, they sent me a letter asking for schedule d for the 1099 div I did my taxes through turbo tax and the box on line 13 was checked, now what?

How do I do a schedule D through turbo tax, irs requesting it and said do not do an amended return?
KathrynG3

Since the IRS said to not do an amended return, then respond to the Notice directly by calling the IRS. Only call the IRS from notices sent by mail. The IRS does not send emails, texts or make phone calls to taxpayers. For more information, see: I got a letter or notice from the IRS.

TurboTax will automatically sort the details of Form 1099-DIV to the appropriate areas of your tax return.

• In general, dividends reported on Form 1099-DIV are reported on Schedule B.
  • Schedule D is for Capital gains and losses divided into how long they were held, short-term or long-term, and will include amounts from Form 1099-DIV, Box 2a.
  • Form 1040, Line 13, could include Form 1099-DIV, Box 5 amounts for the calculation of the Qualified Business Income Deduction.

For more information, see: 

fanfare

Since you are using the free version, you are in a pickle because you can't force the program to produce other Forms.

You can get the Schedule D and it's instructions in fillable PDF format at the , where else? IRS website.

Look up and follow the directions for 1099-DIV going on Schedule D line 13.

Be sure to enter your name and SSN.