Solved: I'm to return to my home country after working in ...

I'm to return to my home country after working in the US on a visa. I left in March. Am I able to file my taxes for next tax years early and receive the payment early?

I've filed my 2019 tax return and have been working in the US for two years. I was thinking about closing my bank account to avoid fees. It currently is only open to allow the tax return of 2020 so would like to know if it could be filed early?

Thanks

No, you cannot file an early tax return.  2020 tax returns cannot be filed until next year in 2021.  If you do not want to wait to close your bank account here, you can receive a check in your country.  The IRS will not make a direct deposit to a foreign bank; they will mail an income tax return check to the address you enter on your tax return.

@joecolond I need to add some information for you.   You say that you have been "in the U.S. on a visa. "  Depending on your status, you may not be able to use TurboTax.  If you are a non-resident alien, you cannot use TurboTax when the time comes to file your return.  If you are NRA you need to use a different software program called sprintax to file a Form 1040NR.

https://www.sprintax.com/non-resident-alien-tax-1040nr-turbotax.html

Thank you very much for the responses. I will look into Spintax.

Cheers!