turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

After your identity is proven how long does it take to get federa refund

I have to call in the morning to verify my identity what questions do they ask? Cause I haven't filed taxes since 2015 tax year.
jeni587

i verified on 2/14 and it doesnt tell me anything
Ledonnemoore12
Returning Member

Beccamae2016 they jus want a I’d photo identification social security card  and all the falling documents you efiled or sent in to do your taxes , such. As 1040z forms and W2s and 1099s that’s it and yuu set to go.... I edited on 1/30/19 and had to verify myself @ the local IRS OFFICE On 3/13/19 and they told me I was set to go and all the VERIFICATION/DOCUMENTS, they needed was correct and the same and It can be up to 9WEEKS to get my REFUND, and IF I DONT GET BOTHING BY THEN CONTACT THEM AND THEY CHECK INTO IT....I STILL AINT EVEN GOT A DATE YET... MINES STILL SAY : ITS STILL PROGRESSING AND THEYLL LET ME KNOW WHEN ITS AVAILABLE... SMH THIS IS CRAZY IS HELL.. ATLEAST GIVE ME A DATE WHEN MY STUFF GON BE HERE SO WE KNOW RIGHT????

I filed Jan 29 2019 after 3  weeks lost my bar of processed. Called the IRS was told I would receive a letter of identify after about 9 days received the letter I waited a week and finally verified on March 15 2019 and today March 23 2019 I checked WMR and I have a DDD of March 27 2019 so it did not take 9 weeks. I believe this is something the IRS is required to tell people due to there protocols Good Luck to you all.
samdub41

@sarah.reynoso wish I was that lucky I verified on 3/6 and still my WMR says we have received your tax refund and it is being processed...

Same @samsub41 I varified 3/06 and still nothing

jeni587

this is bull, i filed on 1/28 verified on 2/14 and still nothing  no ddd no nothing  i called and they told me nothing as of yesturday  some people verifed after me and got news  mine doesnt have anything on wmr

Yea I filed the 2/16 got accepted the same day . 3/11 I received a 5071c letter , verified the same day. called 3/24  to check (lol I'm very impatient) the guy said 9 weeks which would be 5/13 ,but what he said that stood out the most was I should get it way before then & that I will keep seeing "we can not provide.." Till they send out a DDD hope this helps
jeni587

now i get a another letter that they are auditing me   after waiting 6 weeks
ttaxed2017
Returning Member

I verified 2/26/2019. Still nothing and I've been broke this whole year so far. The struggle is real.
jennyewo

I faxed in 1095&8962 called IRS now I have to wait for a letter to get verified

I'm so frustrated. I efiled with jackson hewitt on 2/1. Am paying them $400 to do my taxes and provide "help" with the irs (haha).  Verified my ID on 3/1. Still never heard anything. Called a tax advocate on Monday. Found out there was another hold on my return, bc there is no income reported for me in 2018, despite my w-2. So I have faxed in my last 3 paystubs and my w-2 to my tax advocate, but she said it could still be a couple weeks.  This is crazy.
jennyewo

This is terrible waiting on a to verify myself I could have done this when I had to fax 1095&8962IRS is so full of it all I can say is hang in there stephjordan
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies