turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Print tax returns

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Print tax returns

If you are getting an "Oops" error when trying to download/print your return from the Tax Timeline, try this alternate method to print by opening the return back up and printing at the Print Center.

• In the 2016 Tax Timeline, go to Some things you can do.
  • Choose Add a State.  (you don't really add one; that's just to get the return to open up.)
  • Once the return is open, then click on MY ACCOUNT up at the top.
  • Then choose PRINT CENTER.
  • Choose to "print/save/view this year's return."  You may have a choice for a PDF "as filed with government" and one with "all forms for government and worksheets" and one for "all forms."   See if one of those PDFs has what you need.
NOTE:  Do NOT use this method to open a return to make changes to an already-filed return (one that has actually been mailed or efiled.)   If you later need to make changes, you have to go through the formal amending process, and your return must start off exactly as originally filed.  

NOTE:  Remember all downloaded PDF tax documents and data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Print tax returns

For what year?  And are you able to find the return you want, but have a problem printing it?  Or can't find the return in question?   Or just need to know how to print it?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Print tax returns

The state of Indiana never received my return in May, so I need a copy of 2016 state return
Anonymous
Not applicable

Print tax returns

I have been trying to pull  them up it keep say oops

Print tax returns

I'm going to tell you an alternate way to print by opening the return back up and going to the Print Center.   Watch for my answer below.

How did you originally file the state return?  By efile, or did you print and mail it?   What status is showing for the return when you log into your account--accepted, rejected, "ready to mail," etc.?   If efiled, you can also check the status here:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp">https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efi...>

Print tax returns

If you are getting an "Oops" error when trying to download/print your return from the Tax Timeline, try this alternate method to print by opening the return back up and printing at the Print Center.

• In the 2016 Tax Timeline, go to Some things you can do.
  • Choose Add a State.  (you don't really add one; that's just to get the return to open up.)
  • Once the return is open, then click on MY ACCOUNT up at the top.
  • Then choose PRINT CENTER.
  • Choose to "print/save/view this year's return."  You may have a choice for a PDF "as filed with government" and one with "all forms for government and worksheets" and one for "all forms."   See if one of those PDFs has what you need.
NOTE:  Do NOT use this method to open a return to make changes to an already-filed return (one that has actually been mailed or efiled.)   If you later need to make changes, you have to go through the formal amending process, and your return must start off exactly as originally filed.  

NOTE:  Remember all downloaded PDF tax documents and data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

bikrjoe

Print tax returns

2019.  How do I print my return?

symm1e
Returning Member

Print tax returns

Turbo Tax should go back to the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid).  You use to be able print tax returns as part of the finishing process.  No more.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies