I’m 17 and was claimed as a dependent. Why haven’t...

nirrag

I’m 17 and was claimed as a dependent. Why haven’t I received my stimulus payment?

macuser_22

Dependents do not get a stimulus.    And parents that claim a dependent over age 16 at the end of the year also do not receive it either.

Dependents do not receive a stimulus check.  And--if you were 17 at the end of 2019 your parents who claimed you as a dependent do not receive stimulus money for you.  They can only get stimulus money for a dependent UNDER the age of 17.  But at the age of 17--- you can be claimed as someone else's dependent even if you filed a tax return of your own.  So you cannot expect a stimulus check.  Sorry.