turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am currently trying to check the status of my tax refund. after logging into turbo tax, it looked as if the process was not complete. I did however complete taxes on April 18, 2017. Can you let me know if it was processed or not yet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CDTyler

I am currently trying to check the status of my tax refund. after logging into turbo tax, it looked as if the process was not complete. I did however complete taxes on April 18, 2017. Can you let me know if it was processed or not yet?

You might have multiple TurboTax accounts and simply signed into the wrong one.

Use our Account Recovery tool to see if you have multiple accounts.

Once you sign into the correct account, you'll see your e-file status. If it's Accepted, that means the IRS received your return. 

It does not mean the IRS has completed the processing of your return.

Look up your refund status with the IRS' Where's My Refund? tool.

TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS regarding the processing of your return or approval of your refund. 

Once 21 days have passed since your return was Accepted, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to inquire about why it's taking longer than normal for your return to be processed

You can check your efile status here     <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/ef...>

Or when you log into your account does it say Ready to Mail?

I just realized that the process never was completed. I checked out and paid to efile but the process was not done! Now I have file extension?
CDTyler

It's too late to file an extension. You can still e-file your 2016 return. Click the orange Take me to my return button to complete the filing process.

If you're expecting a refund, you don't have to worry about being charged a late-filing penalty or interest by the IRS.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies