helfenstein

I just printed and finalized my return and as I was reading the hard copy I noticed that my old apartment number is in the Apt No.field.

We have to mail in our return this year. I printed the documents and completed the online process only to immediately notice that our old apartment number is in the Apt No. field. We moved from that apartment to a house in the past year. Since we are not eFiling and I have not mailed anything, is there any way to unlock the online process and correct it?

nyinyeb

Yes, you can edit your unfiled return to make changes. See instructions below:

• Log in and go to your 2016 Tax Timeline.
  • If TurboTax thinks you are finished, there will be no orange "Take me to my return" (continue return) button.
  • So in that case, scroll down to "Some things you can do."
  • Choose "Add a State."  (you don't really add one; that's just to get the return to open up.)
  • Once the return is open, select the Personal Info tab (upper left of program)
  • Scroll down to mailing address and select Edit to update your address

nyinyeb