turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I havn't received my tax return. The tax return tracker says it was deposited into a checking account I don't recognize. I requested it mailed. Nobody will help me.

Anybody have helpful direction for me?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I havn't received my tax return. The tax return tracker says it was deposited into a checking account I don't recognize. I requested it mailed. Nobody will help me.

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of your Federal refund?  If so, that uses a third-party company and bank we can tell you about.

Or do you have a brokerage/mutual funds account where it might have been deposited?

I have called the IRS. I have spoke to Turbo tax.  Turbo tax gave me a third party number to call.  Everyone seems to think it's the others issue.  I didn't provide any kind of account numbers in my tax filling.  

@mistymlee47 wrote:

I have called the IRS. I have spoke to Turbo tax.  Turbo tax gave me a third party number to call.  Everyone seems to think it's the others issue.  I didn't provide any kind of account numbers in my tax filling.  

Sorry you're having trouble, but you didn't answer my question above about the product fees .  Why did TurboTax give you a third-party number to call?   Was the third party SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group)?   Did you choose to pay any TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, or did you pay your TurboTax product fees upfront with credit/debit card?

Ok... if you efiled the return and the TT fees were being withheld from the federal refund then the only 2 options you had to get the refund from the processing bank was to your own bank account or debit card  both of which you would have had to entered a bank routing & account number  and you declare you did NOT do that.  Then option 2 was to have the refund put on a TT Visa pre paid debit card.  

So exactly what did you do ?   Review the entire return ... save a PDF with the worksheets to see if you did use the processing bank option.   

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

If you did then the bank account the deposit went to is the temporary one the processing banks sets up for you to receive the refund, withhold their fee and the one for TT and then send the balance of the refund to the debit card or to you directly.    

Now if the visa folks deny you the card the bank will send you a check in the mail to the address on the tax return. So is the address correct ?

Did you have the TT fees withheld from the federal refund and are getting the refund on the Turbo Tax Debit card?

If so the refund needs to go from the IRS to the third party bank to the card.  This process can take up to 3 business days or more.

Check the IRS :  https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Check  SBTPG:  by logging into their website at:  https://cisc.sbtpg.com/

Or you can get 24-hour automated info by phone at:  https://cisc.sbtpg.com/contact.aspx

Check at Turbo Tax Visa :  If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, please visit TurboPrepaidCard.com or call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

Did you have the TT fees withheld from the federal refund  and then the balance sent to your bank account or debit card ?

If so the refund needs to go from the IRS to the third party bank to your bank account.  This process can take up to 3 business days or more.

Check the IRS :  https://www.irs.gov/Refunds      

Check  SBTPG:  by logging into their website at:  https://cisc.sbtpg.com/

Or you can get 24-hour automated info by phone at:  https://cisc.sbtpg.com/contact.aspx

Were you having the refund direct deposited to your bank account directly ?

If the IRS has actually sent the funds, the IRS FAQ page says to allow "up to 5 days" due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.

If so did you enter the correct routing & account number for an ACH transfer ?  Here is how you can see your deposit information:

Your direct deposit information will be at the bottom of your Form 1040.

To view your 1040 after filing, Sign into TurboTax Taxes > Tax Timeline > Some other things you can do Download/print (.pdf)

Please see the following FAQ article below if you entered in the wrong bank account information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901677

There are a couple of places in your return paperwork where you can review how your refund was to be provided.

In your return PDF look for a page called "Electronic Filing Instuctions" and a worksheet called "2020 Federal Tax Return Summary."

If those worksheets are not in the PDF that you can access at your Tax Home page (in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents"), then here's how to get a larger PDF with more worksheets.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it since it's already been filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2020, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

Manage cookies