anonymousbadger

I have too much income reported in the 'Miscellaneous Income' section and I can't edit or remove it. How can I remove it?

I have cash income that I wound up reporting in the self-employment section and I need to remove it from the Miscellaneous Income section.

When I click Edit/Add, I'm taken to a screen with different types of income, and the only one I've visited is 'Other income not already reported on a W-2 or 1099'. When I click 'Revisit', I simply click that I haven't received any other income, and click continue. This is the only option I'm given, and it doesn't remove the income that I want it to.
CarissaM
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Try to delete the form causing the issue, and adding it back into Turbo Tax. Please click here to learn how to delete a form. 

If after adding it back as a new form, you are still running into the same issue please click here to contact Turbo Tax customer service. 

anonymousbadger

How can I tell which form that income is coming from? 

EbonyL122824
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Since we don't have access to your account, we cannot tell what form it is on, but often times miscellaneous income is reported on a 1099-MISC. If you have that form, please this link for instructions on how to remove it.