Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aus9003

I have received my federal refund but not my NY State refund. Is there a way to check the status of my state refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ModestaL

I have received my federal refund but not my NY State refund. Is there a way to check the status of my state refund?

New York State processing times vary. However, if you believe your refund is taking longer than expected, you can contact New York State Tax Department refund status anytime at 1-518-457-5149 or, contact the Department of Taxation and Finance.

New York Department of Taxation states that" New York State reviews all 10 million income tax returns and uses award-winning technology to detect suspicious activity, including identity theft. However, our goal is to stop questionable refunds before they go out the door, not to delay your refund." 

Here’s a link to the New York State website where you can find out more information and check the status of your refundhttps://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/refund.htm

View solution in original post

25 Replies
psgvfd29

Me as well. I received my federal three weeks ago, but haven't received my NY State refund yet. Usually I get State refund either same week or week after federal refund. Getting concerned, am looking for that money to help me make it while I'm out on sick leave for cancer treatments.
ModestaL

New York State processing times vary. However, if you believe your refund is taking longer than expected, you can contact New York State Tax Department refund status anytime at 1-518-457-5149 or, contact the Department of Taxation and Finance.

New York Department of Taxation states that" New York State reviews all 10 million income tax returns and uses award-winning technology to detect suspicious activity, including identity theft. However, our goal is to stop questionable refunds before they go out the door, not to delay your refund." 

Here’s a link to the New York State website where you can find out more information and check the status of your refundhttps://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/refund.htm

Could you actually answer the question, or at least admit that you don't know?  There are numerous press stories about mysterious New York delays this year, and the links don't seem to help.  
rando1395

For real
rayray47

Same thing in VA. They don't even show the information for my return even though Turbo confirmed it was accepted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

State and federal refunds are processed by two different agencies. See this Turbo Tax FAQ below for more information regarding How to track my state refund.

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Bryan9158 Did you have an additional question that we can assist you with?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This phone number does not connect to a human,it tells you the same thing that the website says, I filed my NYS on 01/12/2020 and it was accepted 01/27/20, it's March now, everyone that I know has already received their NYS return,A direct line to a human would be very helpful,some of us are getting no answers and we've paid enough money for are taxes to be done,a little understanding and support would be greatly appreciated

Itsme2304

@dhugebome I'm in the same boat, I called[phone number removed] and spoke to a person but they really didnt help! They only said "I see it hasn't been adjusted, or taken we are just waiting for a deposit date" both times they said that. Which doesn't help. 

Itsme2304

Turbo tax deleted the number

Call [phone number removed]

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

@dhugebome Please click the link below to contact customer service concerning your state return. Customer service representatives are available to assist you Monday through Friday during normal business hours.

https://www.tax.ny.gov/help/contact/

I have received my federal refund but when I received my state refund 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return. Each state handles its own refunds.

Please click the TurboTax help link, listed below, to learn how to track your State return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433

Where is my NY stata tax refund 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies