Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I have gotten a 4464C LTR Letter form the IRS, what does it mean?

I've got a letter 4464c from the irs. What does this mean??

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Patharley2016  Refer to the following TurboTax article for assistance with understanding the IRS letter you received:  We can help you with your IRS letter

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It means good luck getting it back any time soon i seen where people got this letter and the irs kept extending the notice every 60 days.

I filled on 1/27/20, it was accepted the same day. I just opened a letter 4464c dated 2/19/20. I don't understand what it is trying to tell me. I have tried contacting the IRS and the advocacy program. No response. What should I do next? Thank you.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Click here for a more detailed explanation of the 4464C Letter. Don't worry, this is done for your protection and to ensure the accuracy of your return.

Accepted 1-30-20 letter 4464c dated 2-19-2020.  I am just going with my gut instinct that some of us who thought we were fortunate enough to get our taxes filed early for once are gonna waiting a long time for our returns.  I do however admire the irony of the government witholding my return for god knows how long in order to make sure someone didnt fraudulently withold my return.......... oh wait nm🤔

M12345d

I too got the 4464c.  As answered already.  Normally means w-2s orn1099, WAGES in general.  Example. I made a typo on my current 2019/2020 filing, I was off by one digit so the IRS does not have the same information as I have therefore I got selected by the computer for a human to review it and I am waiting and prepared if they ask to send them my amendment or my w2 but sometimes they fix that stuff on their own. 

have u received yr refund

I have not. But i have also figured out what had happen on of my employer did not report my earnings to social security. The tax advocate said the irs put a 4 week hold on it which expires the 18 of this month 

It did just get approved Thursday or Friday 

chariewilliams1025
Returning Member

So how long will it b until I get my refund since it got approved on Thursday or Friday.

They have 21 days. But im not sure it can take up to 60 days if you got a 4464c letter.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@chariewilliams1025 Once the IRS approves your refund, they will give you a direct deposit date.  Check Where's My Refund? to see your direct deposit date.  The funds may appear in your account on that date or it may take a few days to post in your account; it will depend on your financial institution. 

According to the IRS, ""It takes additional time for refunds to be processed after leaving the IRS, and for financial institutions to accept and deposit them to bank accounts and products like debit cards. Also, many financial institutions do not process payments on weekends or holidays, which can affect when refunds reach taxpayers. "  

Reference:  IRS.gov - Refund Timing

When u sent your info in ,how long after did M it take for you to get a date/approved?

Truns out the irs lied about the 4 weeks they cant get anything right. I was told ot will probably take the full 60 days after 45 days they owe you intrest

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies