turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return was accepted my the IRS on 2/2 But when I go to check status of refund, it still says being processed and no date given on when deposit will be in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EbonyL

My return was accepted my the IRS on 2/2 But when I go to check status of refund, it still says being processed and no date given on when deposit will be in?

If your return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval.  This time frame is unrelated to how, where, or when you filed and it isn't connected to how quickly you got your refund last year.

To track your Federal refund, visit the Where’s My Federal Refund? site here: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

You can begin checking at least 24 hours after e-filing or 4 weeks after mailing. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

View solution in original post

32 Replies
EbonyL

If your return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval.  This time frame is unrelated to how, where, or when you filed and it isn't connected to how quickly you got your refund last year.

To track your Federal refund, visit the Where’s My Federal Refund? site here: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

You can begin checking at least 24 hours after e-filing or 4 weeks after mailing. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

s-loc

I want to verbally speak with an agent
tadmaster

Mine has been being processed since February 15th. I called IRS today and it's under review which is 45 days, was given an estimated date of April 20th.

when did you file your taxes tadmaster  you been with one bar stage since the 15th most people are saying when they call the irs they tell you the 45 days window and a few days they get a ddd approval ,I been searching the website about being process for long time and its just quick review so they can check everything is correct and then they send it off the the approval department

i filed on the 15th with eic credit and iam still with one bar stage i know the irs are having a backlog of tax return this year due too the shutdown awhile ago and short on staff and also i check my transcprit and there no file it says no return on file just 971 code only and i heard theirs people on facebook a lot people are getting that code 971 code only on their trancsprit and a few days approval date will appear

Code 971 means letter sent

I filed my return feb 4th and was given the 45 day window too, she said they will either send a letter or release if nothing is wrong the code 971 mean a letter sent & 846 mean refund issued

thanks for info but most people are getting the 971 code but no letters fews days later if nothing wrong with your tax return well then you get a code 846 and sometimes the website don't even update that's what i saw from people in facebook that they getting that code and later a refund date

i have friends that filed early and still no change on their website still in the orange bar for awhile i think like  3 weeks or so and then boom a refund date ,some people are stuck with STILL BEING PROCESS and BEING PROCESS  because theirs a differents between them STILL BEING PROCESS means they are in review or something wrong with your tax return or need too have a 45 days or 60 days review and BEING PROCESS means your done and just waiting for your approval department so iam right or wrong about that

No you correct, no bar and still processing with the 521 code is under review. The status bar and being processed mean they working on depositing. It’s been so many different cases some didn’t get anything but accepted and got they refund today and filed around the 18/19th. Hard to call I was trying to see if anyone was under review and was able to get them before the 45 days or not?

I filed my taxes on January 22and and it was accepted the same day and had one bar. For a few days then it went to still being processed a refund date will be be provided when available. I had called the IRS and the guy told that that means it’s still being processed and if I had any child credits that it’s 21 days from that date. So 21 days from feb. 15th and that I should have something by March 8th. And if I don’t then to call back. This is all frustrating to me. I never waited this long for my refund to come back.
1chickenfeeder
Returning Member

What about no status bar and being processed sweety2020? What does that mean

1chickenfeeder do you have a code? 152?

Still being processed is review and being processed is they working on it, have you called in to see if u under review?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies