Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I have filed NY state return, but now it says it's under further review. Would will happen if I entered something incorrectly?

If you remember, how long did it take you to get your refund back? I’ve never had this message before and all of a sudden now I do.

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

I have filed NY state return, but now it says it's under further review. Would will happen if I entered something incorrectly?

There is no set time to get your refund if your return is under review. Each case is different, so how long one person waited for their refund will be different from yours because NY may be reviewing different things or a different person may be doing the review.

You can check your refund status online at Check your refund status online 24/7!

@Thequeenxo

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I got my NY state refund in Nov/Dec. It took ages but I did get it. They took 3-4 months to tell me what I needed to send them. Once I sent it, which was right away, it was another 3-4 months.

Same for me. I finally received my refund in October so about 6 months in total.  It took about 4 months for them to tell me I needed to upload a copy of our W2s, and then a few more months after that I received my refund (with interest).  It’s pretty frustrating but in the end nothing was wrong or incorrect, I think NYS is in a similar situation as the IRS dealing with a ton of backlog and disorganization brought on by COVID and the associated tax credits and policy changes, not to mention all the knock on effects and tax implications that hybrid and remote work have added.

Thank you, Ernie, I understand that. However, I was asking the original person who posted a general question. Thanks for your feedback. 🥴

and thank you for the replies from the community! I appreciate it. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies