Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have completed the State Tax Return, but the only document I get is the summary page.

If you don't have any taxes due, do you still have to file a State Tax Return?  If so, why Turbo Tax is not providing a State Tax return for me to print?
I've tried everything.  Went back and re-did the return, added a State, etc. Nothing is working.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

I have completed the State Tax Return, but the only document I get is the summary page.

Please refer to the following article to troubleshoot printing issues.

Troubleshoot printing issues in TurboTax Online - Community

Please contact customer support below if you continue to have issues. 

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your suggestion; however, my issue is not printing. The federal tax return had no issue generating the completed form and printing.  I completed the state tax return, but it would not generate a completed form for me to print.

I guess the phrase "you get what you paid for" applies in this case.  In order for me to get the help I need, I must upgrade to a PLUS version.  Did anybody else have a problem generating the state return to print using TT Free version?

@efheard wrote:

I guess the phrase "you get what you paid for" applies in this case.  In order for me to get the help I need, I must upgrade to a PLUS version.  Did anybody else have a problem generating the state return to print using TT Free version?

Try this -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

I owe TT an apology.  Nothing was working, so I decided to complete the state return manually.  The return is for my 84-year old mother.  As I read the instructions offered at the state government website, it states, if AGI is zero, we do not have to complete the form (state return).  This is the first.  I didn't want to take any chances, so  I've decided to complete the form manually anyway, designating a $0 taxable income.

Dear Turbo Tax, I am assuming the reason the state return form was not provided to print was that it was not necessary.  Therefore, please accept my apology for questioning your intentions.

efheard

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies