Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

532 Replies

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

Any updates on this

I too have gotten this code for the first time ever and I can't get anyone on the phone to clarify anything. The automated system keeps telling me to call the same extension back because there's a delay in the processing. DUHHH..that's what I'm trying to do. I have used TT for the last 12 years, with only kids getting older and file status changing after divorce. I really dont understand what the problem is and would like some answers other than "maybe" or "probably", better yet I would like a better way for this wack ass government of ours to handle the concerns of the citizens paying their salaries.

Exactly same thing happening to me I got the same take action and code... n when I call it say call back Wednesday r Thursday n hang up it keep directing me back to the same line.. idk wtf is going on and I can’t talk to nobody code 1541 idk what that is! And I filed with H&R Block

I had this same problem filed january 27th accepted january 28th. Irs website says delayed process take action code. Here we are today 2/26 same message so i called this morning and the gentlemen told me im under 45 day review starting mar. 4 and as he looked further into told me its because my job didnt send in my w2 they suppsely dont have a copy of w2 on file so looks like im claiming i guess extra money. I dont understand that at all so now i contacted job and they say they have sent in everything and cant do nothing more on there end. This crap is so frustrating

I have the same code. I called, multiple times, and I was told because I filed before the IRS opened and before my jobs reported my income (they have until the end of January to do so), my return is under review for wage verification that can take up to April 19th to complete. Pure bullshit to me. I always file early January to get it done and my numbers are always accurate same dependents since I gave birth to them . This is frustrating.
nsights1

a.jones91208 yup I just got off the phone with the rep who looked into my account said a lot of people with the take action code will see an update tomorrow and the rest of the week however I have income verification and a cp05 letter was sent out yesterday letting me know exactly what they will be verifying which is prolly my annual income. he said no one was assigned to my account yet so yes its under review but no one is reviewing it yet soon as they confirm my income they can send my refund but they give you a 45 days time frame he said it usually takes around 3 weeks

I have a question I my taxes for accepted om the 28th of jan. Week after maybe little longer went to the 1541 code still processing blah blah I'm under the review but my quiestion is up by the cycle number three is a processing date 3/4 what is that date I have the 570 code it dates 3/4 also buuuut the 971 code which I also have dates 3/11 if anybody could explain these dates to me I would be grateful and thank u.
kimmiekai

570 was a freeze code 971 is a code for freeze release
kimmiekai

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.auditdetective.com/Transaction_Code_Definitions.html">https://www.auditdetective.com/Tra...> this will tell you all codes
issamed84

Doesn’t show 1541 code?

I was accepted on Jan 14th then after a few days went to a code 9001 then then on Wednesday it went to the 1541 code I would really like to know if it is just because of the backlog of returns. It has me on pins and needles wondering what is going on. This is the first time I have ever had this issue not sure how many more people are getting this code

Where does it say Take action, are you checking on the app or computer? Mine doesn't say take action anywhere so I'm wondering if there's 2 different 1541 messages. I completed my return 1/22, accepted 1/23, was stuck on "we've accepted your return and is awaiting processing until yesterday 2/9 when it changed to the 1541 message. It says that I can contact them if I have additional questions, gives me the 1800 number and ext 312. I'm checking mine with the IRS2Go app

I’m getting the same message!  I don’t have any offsets. What is going on?!

I have the same message!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies