Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a corrected 1098 with a number in box 5 that wasn't on my previous form. I updated the new info to Turbo Tax and no change, do I need to refile?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

I have a corrected 1098 with a number in box 5 that wasn't on my previous form. I updated the new info to Turbo Tax and no change, do I need to refile?

If the new amount is for Private Mortgage insurance, PMI, and there is no change in your tax refund or tax due, you do not need to amend your tax return.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Carl
Level 15

There are about 5 types of 1098's. Is yours a 1098 - Mortgage Interest Statement?

Yes
Anita01

If the new amount is for Private Mortgage insurance, PMI, and there is no change in your tax refund or tax due, you do not need to amend your tax return.

Thanks. So nothing need to send via postal mail back to IRS, correct? Just wanted to be 100%.
Anita01

Correct
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies