turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had to mail my return in this year, it's been 2 weeks and yesterday it showed received on wmr. How long does it take to be approved?

I had to mail my federal return this year. I put tracking on it so i know it got to the IRS on Feb 9th 2017. Yesterday exactly 2 weeks after my taxes got to the irs i checked wmr and it says received. How long will it take to be approved? Will it be longer because I had to mail my return this year instead of efile? I'm getting it direct deposit so i at least don't have to wait on a check!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

351 Replies

I had to mail my return in this year, it's been 2 weeks and yesterday it showed received on wmr. How long does it take to be approved?

Had a question. I know this was last year but do you remember how long it took to get your return after it showed accepted.

I mailed mine and put tracking on it it got to irs on feb 6th 2018. I called today and they said that they received it on feb 16th 2018 and i had to wait 6-8 weeks for it to process,will it feally take that long?? Keep me posted

Mine showed accepted on the 23rd 2 weeks after the ot showed received through tracking from USPS. It showed refund approved 2 days after and shows refund expected March 1st.

I faxed mine in
I didn’t file 2015 they said it takes 7 days for the tax examiner to review it and approve it and i should get it direct deposited by March 15th

Where can yoy call to see if a return was received ?

Don’t know where you can call I just used the where’s my refund app and it showed me the received and refund approved in the app.

I had to mail mine in this year and it showed that it was received last Thursday with the tracking number . but every time I check on where's my refund it says no info available. How can I find out if IRS has received it

I mailed mine in jan 8 and still cabt check wmr

Jaeschliman60 do you have a update
cmarure03

@donnafay1983 it took me almost 2 weeks to see anything on wmr...

Cant check fed irs said try on friday but state i can check and shows progress

I mailed mine in 02/09/18 N doesn't show ANYTHING called irs they still show nothing for 2017 as well...

I mailed mine the 8th when u call the line it wont show ones mailed 2/8/18 earliest Friday

K I'll check Friday n update thnks
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies