Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I got my federal taxes direct deposited I only received half of it will I receive the other half

@wearegettingboned 

There are 13 users in this thread going back to 2019, so we don't know which comment you are referring to.  You would need to start your own new thread or provide detail about your issue to get help in the user community forum.   But be aware this is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info here.  

• Did you use Online TurboTax?   If so, was it the Free Edition or a paid product?   If a paid product, which edition (PLUS, Deluxe, Premier, etc.)?
  • If you had fees, did you choose to pay the fees out of the Federal refund?
  • Are you expecting both Federal and state refunds?   If so, they come separately.
  • Have you received a tax refund?  If so, who was it from?

I got my federal taxes direct deposited I only received half of it will I receive the other half

I only got 699 out of my 1671 I was supposed to receive after the initial amendment 

I don’t understand how I was supposed to get $2,743 & only ended up with $1,350? That’s half the amount I was supposed to get. 

i was supposed to get $1200. i owe NOTHING else. i am only 20 years old, i don't have any other student loans, or child support, or any offsets. neither does my sister. she definitely has 0 credit so she doesn't have anything of those either. her and i only for a few hundred out of a couple thousand. i want all of it. the government is a rip off!

Jess103

I checked with the IRS app. Apparently the amount turbo tax has calculated was incorrect or was correct then adjusted by the IRS. I was supposed to get 3,320; I got 1,920 instead. So, I recommended using that app because it gives you an explanation... 

Mt2206

I was supposed to receive 2622$ from my federal and only receive 811$ when I checked my account. Why is that? And will they send my other half 

but how could it be about $1400 off? my federal withholding was for sure 800$.. i've only received $200.. last year i got 2000 with the stimulus of $1400.. this makes no sense

1400 is the amount of the 3rd Stimulus payment.  Did you get it during the year?   Sounds like you tried to claim it again on 1040 line 30.  Line 30 is only if you didn't get the full amount or qualify for more.   The IRS knows they already sent it to you.   

I'm in the same boat. My federal return was half of what it was supposed to be. No, I don't have any past due taxes or penalties and no I don't have any child support. The IRS is so far saying that one of my dependents don't qualify or that their SSN is wrong. Which should not happen because I've been filing with turbotax for years and their date of birth and SNNs have not changed.

Those are generic reasons why they adjusted the Recovery Rebate Credit on your return. A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery Rebate Credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the 3rd Stimulus payment or reported the wrong amounts. Do you have an amount on line 30? The IRS knows they already sent it to you. Line 30 is only if you didn't get the full amount or qualify more.

If you claimed a missing stimulus payment on your return but the IRS took it off you have to ask the IRS. They think they already sent it to you. Maybe it went to an account you don't remember. Or you got a check or a card. It was probably easy to miss the debit card in the mail and think it was junk mail. They have to put a trace on it.

Request a trace for a missing third Stimulus payment
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-economic-impact-payment-topic-j-p...

Line 30 is blank, so no I didn't claim it.

Beauty84
Returning Member

I have filed with turbo tax for 8years now and never in my whole life had i owe them 7000 dollars i dont know how or where from when last year i got all my money back no problems i have not received my federal and only half my state 600 out of a thousand i dont know where my federal is and i cant get into the irs line i am pissed i was expecting 9404 back on only got 600 out of that whole refund i wanna know how the heck i get a letter saying i owe 7000 i have never owed in my life been claiming the same every year until i put that stimulus and child tax credit i want answers and im getting frustrated because i cant get ahold of anyone and no i checked i owe no debit so either its the irs or turbotax

@Beauty84 

If IRS is asking for the Advance Child Tax Credits to be repaid, it means they don't recognize your dependents.

If you have dependents, you'll have to dispute the adjustment.

Islandboy
Returning Member

Federal refund amount supposed to receive : $9713

Amount received : $4113

Details:

We changed the amount claimed as Recovery Rebate Credit on your tax return. The error was in one or more of the following:

The Social Security number of one or more individuals claimed as a qualifying dependent was missing or incomplete.

The last name of one or more individuals claimed as a qualifying dependent does not match our records.

One or more individuals claimed as a qualifying dependent exceeds the age limit.

Your adjusted gross income exceeds $75,000 ($150,000 if married filing jointly, $112,500 if head of household).

The amount was computed incorrectly.

None of these can apply to me at all!   What is going on???? 

@Islandboy You indicated on your 2021 tax return that you and the other 3 people on your tax return have not received the 3rd stimulus payment totaling $5,600 and you were eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit on the federal tax return Form 1040 Line 30.  The IRS has records which indicate the $5,600 of stimulus payments were sent to you so they removed the credit on Line 30.

Go to your IRS tax account and if married your spouse's tax account and see if the 3rd stimulus payment was entered - https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

Look at your bank records for the March - May 2021 timeframe to see if the stimulus payments were deposited.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies