Solved: I got an email saying I would get my return tomorrow. It has been a week and it still hasn't been deposited. What is going on?

ameilahall

I got an email saying I would get my return tomorrow. It has been a week and it still hasn't been deposited. What is going on?

DawnC0

TurboTax will only send you an email when your return has been accepted by the IRS.   If your return shows as accepted, you can check your refund status on the IRS's Where's My Refund website or you can use the IRS2Go mobile app.  You will need your:

• SSN 
  • filing status and 
  • $ amount of your refund.  (you can log into your return to find the amount if you don't know it)

If you got an email from TurboTax regarding your refund being sent, it was most likely a phishing email, see link below.  If you suspect the email is not legit, please report  it to https://security.intuit.com/; thank you!  

Avoid Phishing Scams and Spoofed Websites

DawnC0

An email from who?  The only way to get refund issuance dates is from the IRS and they do not email.  Do you need the IRS link to check the status?
ameilahall

I would like the IRS link but I got an email from TurboTax
DawnC0

• SSN 
  • filing status and 

ameilahall

Thankyou and I was able to confirm that it was in fact turbo tax telling me to watch for my refund, and the IRS cite says that I should have it by now. So now I have to find out what is going on.