Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I got a tax topic 151 which I know what that is but will they hold my entire refund or give me a partial that was not affected? The affected part I’m sure was my step son

@monilove34 @You got 151 this past Saturday ? And you already received your letter from the irs?

I got a tax topic 151 which I know what that is but will they hold my entire refund or give me a partial that was not affected? The affected part I’m sure was my step son

@monilove34 i got my tax topic 151 message Saturday haven't received a letter what do your letter say it needs I know I have unpaid car taxes and no health insurance is that the reason I'm getting the tax topic 151 message 

@dgooden90 Same here I want know what letter says and also what is a “lease school”?!?

What if you claimed a kid and your there step dad  because mom does not and  work but kids lived with you the whole year what proof would you have to show ? 

I will be receiving a cp75 letter I was told so what information would I need? Please help

Here are some documents you can send it to show proof 

d/or Head of Household.

• School records or statement.
  • Landlord or property management statement.
  • Health provider statement.
  • Medical records.
  • Child care provided records.
  • Placement agency statement.
  • Social service records or statement.
  • Place of worship statement.
  • Indian tribal official statement.
  • Employer statement.

Has anyone got there letter from irs yet saying what proof you need? Please post or help!

So we got topic 151.. Received the letter from the IRS yesterday & being audited! Now we gotta send all kinds of proof. I don’t even know how you can prove a step child. (My bf claims us) & now I’m seeing that they’re only your step child if you’re married. Is that true? I need help this is crazy.. 🥺😫🤬

@crazydoc37 My return was supposed to be$7,685 and they only released $34.00 dollars keeping all of EIC.

@Dpelley10 Not True

I received 151 and have no offsets

Filed on January 22nd

Accepted on January 27th 

Path Act message then went to processing message

then went to code 151

On Saturday 22nd check status bar said action needed letter was sent. come Monday February 24th received only $34 out of $7,685 which is what my refund is supposed to be they kept all of the EIC.

on Monday February 24th called the IRS spoke with the agent who first said our refund was under exam then stated it was under review I explained to them that homeless living at a hotel with family and only received $34 she then put us on hold and said that a letter was sent on the 17th of February however we never received the letter she stated that she cannot see the letter or resend the letter. Said we would have to wait 30 days before the IRS could do anything but didn't make a referral to a tax advocate because of our homeless situation.

Got off the phone with the IRS and called the tax advocate the first guy was a butthole and he just re put us back with the IRS not doing anything. The second person that we received from the tax advocate office said that we would have to wait 5 days for them to intervene. I claimed my same two nephews on my taxes that I have for the last 2 years.

We have not received a letter so I don't know what it's going to say the IRS agent said, that which did not make any sense, you may not have to do anything or you may not have to, you're on a 30-day review but to me that makes no sense saying that because then why would you send a letter.

Hope this helps

@PbxBaby im in the same situation as you I don’t even know what to send. You already got notice from the irs?

@dewilson2023 did you get a notice from the irs yet?!?

@dewilson2023 @The irs won’t speak with you until you receive the letter 

Yes I already got my notice from the IRS.. 😩

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies