Solved: I get mileage reimbursement from my employer, but only at $.28 per mile and the government says i should get around$.55 per mile. how do i claim the other $.27?

I get mileage reimbursement from my employer, but only at $.28 per mile and the government says i should get around$.55 per mile. how do i claim the other $.27?

The difference between the IRS mileage rate and what your employer pays you is an employee business expense deductible as a Miscellaneous, itemized deduction, subject to the 2% of Adjusted Gross Income limit. The 2016 IRS mileage amount is $.54 a mile and this TuroTax article explains how to report the deduction in TurboTax.