Solved: I forgot to file my nonresident NY taxes but filed my federal and resident taxes for NJ. Do I need to amend the already filed federal and NJ if the values are the same?

I forgot to file my nonresident NY taxes but filed my federal and resident taxes for NJ. Do I need to amend the already filed federal and NJ if the values are the same?

I work in NY and live in NJ. A few days ago when doing my taxes I didn't get a warning about not submitting my non-resident taxes for NY. It showed I owed NJ money, which I paid (small amount). My federal and NJ state taxes were both accepted. Fast forward a few days and I just found out I forgot to submit NY non-resident taxes and needed to amend my taxes. 

After adding my NY taxes, it said NY owed me a refund. I went to do an amendment to my NJ taxes and it says there were no changes detected. 

So my question is, if there are no real changes to my already filed NJ taxes, do I need to send in an amendment for that (or even federal)? Or do I just e-file my NY taxes that I forgot to submit the first time around?

Thanks!

You don't have to amend your federal or state returns. You can just file the NY return. But make sure that your NJ return is correct, because there is a New Jersey credit for taxes paid to another state when you are a resident.