kaeejayyjames

I filed my state taxes wrong , what should I do next ?

AndreaC1

If you have already filed the state return, you will now have to wait until the state has either accepted or rejected your return. 

• If they accept, you will need to wait until the return is processed and you have received your refund and then amend. If you owe them, pay them first and then amend. 
  • If they reject, you can make needed changes and re-submit the return. 

If they do accept it, you can go here How do I track my state refund? to track the status and wait for the refund, if you are due one.

Then after you get your refund (or pay taxes due), go here I need to amend my state return for steps to take to amend the state return. You'll need to click on the version of TurboTax you used to see the steps.

Other Related Topics:

Juan1ovo

I filed my taxes back in January had to amend them I had to amend also.i was told it would take six to 16  weeks here it is going into  May and I still haven't heard one respond back about my taxes or my stimulus check and that were accepted and mailed out..I never got them can u talk me what's going on with mine please?