I filed my Federal taxes and am doing my state taxes later, once all paperwork is complete (renters certificate). Will me not filing state taxes delay my federal return?

I wanted to get the ball rolling so I accurately filled out and filed my federal tax return separately from my state return as I did not want to wait for both landlords to get back to me with paperwork that I needed to file my state taxes. Will me filing federal prior to state delay my federal return for any reason?  

No, it will not delay your state return.  However, if you wish to e-file your state, you'll be able to do so only after your e-filed federal return has been accepted.