Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my 2017 Tax Year Extension using TurboTax. How do I access the information I entered? I bought TurboTax Home & Business 2017 but that did not solve my problem.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I filed my 2017 Tax Year Extension using TurboTax. How do I access the information I entered? I bought TurboTax Home & Business 2017 but that did not solve my problem.

Filing a 2017 extension is no longer relevant if you are just now filing the 2017 tax return.  The tax return with extension for 2017 had to be filed on or before October 15, 2018.

If you paid taxes with the 2017 extension request then you need to enter the amount paid on the 2017 tax return.

To enter, change or delete a payment made with an extension request (Federal, State, Local) -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  • On Other Income Taxes, click on the start or update button

On the next screen select the type of extension payment made and click on the start or update button

Or enter federal extension payment in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to federal extension payment

A 2017 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

Print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS.  Include with the mailed return any forms W-2 and 1099 which have taxes withheld.  Go to this IRS website for mailing addresses - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date if filing for a tax refund or there are no taxes owed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies