turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed by the 11th and my Wis state and federal were both accepted on the 12th but it has been over 2 weeks and no payments have been deducted from my bank account yet.

Do i need to take further action?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed by the 11th and my Wis state and federal were both accepted on the 12th but it has been over 2 weeks and no payments have been deducted from my bank account yet.

No,  as long as your returns were accepted,  only the IRS & State would know when they will deduct your taxes owed from your account.  As long as you filed on time, you are considered as paying on time even though the IRS or State has not deducted the amount yet.

When will my tax payment go through?

The federal tax file deadline for tax year 2019 has been extended to July 15, 2020, due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Go here for more information about how taxes have been affected.

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day.

Now, if you filed right before (or on) the busy July 15, 2020 deadline, the IRS may not be able to debit your payment until after the deadline, due to high e-filing volume. In addition, it can take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

No worries; as long as you filed your return or extension on or before July 15, 2020 and you selected July 15, 2020 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account — if you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or for State contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No,  as long as your returns were accepted,  only the IRS & State would know when they will deduct your taxes owed from your account.  As long as you filed on time, you are considered as paying on time even though the IRS or State has not deducted the amount yet.

When will my tax payment go through?

The federal tax file deadline for tax year 2019 has been extended to July 15, 2020, due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Go here for more information about how taxes have been affected.

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day.

Now, if you filed right before (or on) the busy July 15, 2020 deadline, the IRS may not be able to debit your payment until after the deadline, due to high e-filing volume. In addition, it can take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

No worries; as long as you filed your return or extension on or before July 15, 2020 and you selected July 15, 2020 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account — if you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or for State contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies