turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jvjv

NJ Refund Delay; Deposit Dates

I filed on Feb. 5th and am still waiting... What sort of things are they asking for other than W2s?

Tax transcripts, socials and birth certificates for all dependents, w2s.... I couldn't even get my transcripts online because they made it impossible asking for a credit card to verify my identity. I had to call and now I have to wait 5-10 more days

I did email via address above and was told my documents were being forwarded to EITC representative. I have not submitted my transcripts yet though. They owe me 2015, I'm going after that as well
jvjv

Sounds like an easy way for them to make money off people who don't have the time to gather all of these documents since they work so much. Any idea what happens if you just don't respond to their inquiry? If I get required to send this info I genuinely don't think playing catch with them is worth my puny refund of under $1000.

Get your money so they don't get to keep it, plus they should have your documents filed and on hand for next year
jvjv

Is them asking for these documents considered a tax audit?
Cash

Has anyone here provide the information asked for and received their refund this year? If so, how long did it take after you electronicly uploaded them to the NJ website?

That's a good question because I purchase audit defense every year

I came here hoping to find out the average time for NJ to process and what a nightmare. I usually always file right away because I want my money back ASAP. If I changed my excemptions, I would end up owing instead and then have to pay interest on it. What I love is that NJ gets these free loans, take forever to process and now try to tax you on your previous years refund. Why can’t the interest on our loans be enough to cover the taxes? Sorry, just ranting. I filed a few days ago and after reading this, I’ve lost all hope that I will see it any earlier than the 4 weeks estimated time. For what it’s worth, my sons father claimed the child tax credit this year and EIC in mid February and got his Nj return in early March.

I filed 3/2 and has been processing since then

Ouch! My refund now shows processing as of late last week. I was hoping for an update today as I believe I heard they update Saturdays. I could really use he extra cash sooner rather than later. Any update on yours?

Yes I emailed the people above and it has been approved and sent just waiting for the bank to deposit

Did you receive a direct deposit date yet? If so, how long after it showed as processing on the site?

Yes it is to be deposited tomorrow so one week from when it was approved mine went straight from processing to refund sent I filed on 3/2 it was sent on 5/2
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies