Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

NJ Refund Delay; Deposit Dates

Filed 2/1, still processing. Any chance any of you still waiting work in Philadelphia? Only credit I claimed was tax paid to the city.

I work and live in NJ
shmul1998

I emailed that address @jackiegrl and I got a reply that they need my w2s and my income tax form and will be sending a letter soon and I have to allow 90 days for a response wtf! You couldn’t send a letter sooner I’m not filing early next year no matter what Jersey sucks
Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed it as well. Wa also told they would be seeking additional information and that I should expect a letter. This is the exact reason I have as little as possible withheld from my income. Its an interest free loan for them and a fight to get back what is rightfully yours. Maybe I should send a letter informing them of a late fee penalty I will charge, just like they would charge us if they situation was reversed.
Cash

Any updates ladies and gentlemen? I filed end of January, and have been checking every day practically. I overpaid several thousand, and I'm wondering if anyone here has any updates? I just checked and it still reads in processing.

Nothing yet,  still processing
Cash

Thanks buddy. this is such BS. I planned to use my refund to pay off my credit cards and with family expenses. I hope we can get our refunds this week! This was a hard lesson learned. I'm changing my deductions from my paycheck.

I will be doing the same. I can't deal with this every year.

I called them ands they need more documents. I asked why it takes so long to contact me and they told me they have 90 days and I have to wait another 90 days for a response. This is absolutely ridiculous!
Cash

They want W2s? Is there an office to visit to expedite this!? What number did you call? I can't even get through the line. It hang ups... ridiculous!

Six zero nine nine four three five thousand

Take pictures and email and you will need your transcript
Cash

I can't even get through. It hangs up due to high call volume. So frustrating.
Cash

Finally got through. Looks like by filing early got flagged, they want additional information such as W2s and other verification information. Okay guys so next year remember, don't file early!
Cash

Also remember ladies and gentlemen, next year make sure to take out just enough from your paychecks were NJ won't owe you money. It's bad enough NJ taxes are one of the highest, these guys are also crooks.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies