brytp89

I entered the wrong bank account numbers for direct deposit. can i fix this without having to ammend my taxes?

cameaf

If your return has been efiled and accepted, you will not be able to fix the information by amending. Most likely your refund will be sent using a paper check if the wrong direct deposit information was entered.

Other considerations:

• If the bank account you entered is closed, the deposit will be rejected and sent back to the IRS. They will print and mail a check to the address listed on your return.
  • If the banking information you originally entered was wrong, most likely the direct deposit will be rejected and it will be sent back to the IRS and they will in turn print and mail a check to the address listed on your return
  • If the banking information you originally entered was in someone else's name, the direct deposit may be rejected and sent back to the IRS. The IRS will print and mail a check to the address listed on your return.

If a significant amount of time has passed and your refund has still not been returned to the IRS, you can file Form 3911Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund to request a trace on the refund with the IRS. This usually takes 90 days to complete.

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an... 
Mygstorm59

• Routing# is[removed]

account # is[removed]

DonnaLO

@Mygstorm59, please note that your account number was removed because this is a public forum.   Please see the information provided below about entering incorrect Direct Deposit Information:

What happens if I entered incorrect Direct Deposit Information?