Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

omrctn1

I e-filed my documents at 04/19/2021. I wrote my address which I live in Turkey to get check. I didn't get my refund since that date. I tried to reach IRS but I can't.

I wrote my correct address in Turkey but when I reached them once, they said address is wrong and check is still in there. I need that money urgently to continue my education. I spent lots of money to reach them via phone but every time automated system says; we're busy, try again. What should I do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I e-filed my documents at 04/19/2021. I wrote my address which I live in Turkey to get check. I didn't get my refund since that date. I tried to reach IRS but I can't.

@ omrctn1 wrote:
I wrote my correct address in Turkey but when I reached them once, they said address is wrong and check is still in there. I need that money urgently to continue my education. I spent lots of money to reach them via phone but every time automated system says; we're busy, try again. What should I do?

I don't know what this means: "address is wrong and check is still in there".

You didn't say "how" you are contacting the IRS.  If you are in Turkey, here's how international filers can reach the IRS by phone.

International Taxpayer Service Call Center

6AM-11PM Eastern, Mon-Fri

https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-internationally

If you continue to have trouble reaching the IRS, you should contact the IRS International Taxpayer Advocate office for assistance.   The phone number is at the bottom of the page at the same link above under the topic "Other Items of Potential Interest."

What does the IRS tool say here ?   Did they mail out the check yet ?  Checks mailed overseas can take weeks since they are not air mailed ...  https://www.irs.gov/refunds

check is still in there

Was the check returned to the IRS as undeliverable?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies