I didn't see the option to select a tax payment da...

I didn't see the option to select a tax payment date. Can you change it

We cannot change the date for you since we do not have access to your account. Have you already filed your return or are you still in the process of filing? When you're filing you will get to a part of the return where it will ask you how you want to pay the taxes due. In that section is where you will choose the date you want to make the payment and via what method. If you prefer to speak with an agent concerning this, please click here to get in contact with customer care. 

A previous answer said:  "When you're filing you will get to a part of the return where it will ask you how you want to pay the taxes due. In that section is where you will choose the date you want to make the payment and via what method."

But you can only delay the payment "if you choose direct debit."

Not if you use a credit card.  Apparently, you will not be asked for the payment date if you select credit card,

and the CC will be charged when you file electronically.

What is direct debit and how does it work? https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-payments/help/what-is-direct-debit-and-how-does-it-work/00/256...