Solved: I did temporary work as a florist delivery last year, and all I have to go on for payments are bank statements from last year, how do I file this?

I did temporary work as a florist delivery last year, and all I have to go on for payments are bank statements from last year, how do I file this?

Last year I had to do a lot to get by, and worked doing some contractor work (mostly Florist Delivery). I signed a paper stating I was responsible for handling doing all tax paperwork and will not be receiving any forms, so all I have to go on are bank statements from last year.

Unfortunately, my bank did a complete overhaul so while I have the statements of payment, all checks put into my account are just labeled as "DEPOSIT", which is a problem since I also sold some property to make ends meet in that time frame. Is there any way I can just add up all of these deposits and report income that way? I'm willing to answer any questions regarding this that I need to. Thanks!

You will be paying a lot of tax on amounts that are not income. Federal Income Tax is based on your taxable income and Social Security and Medicare are 15.3% of your profit. 

If you made more than $600 at any one establishment, they are required to issue you a 1099-Misc. You might threaten to report them.

Penalties for not issuing Form 1099-MISC

People and companies that make payments of miscellaneous income to individuals must give the payee Form 1099-MISC by the end (in most cases) of February of the year following the tax year in which the income was paid. However, if the payment is for non-employee compensation to be shown in box 7 of Form 1099-MISC, then it is required to be filed by January 31st. For example, if you received miscellaneous income in 2016 that is non-employee compensation, the paying institution or individual must issue Form 1099-MISC by January 31, 2017. If the institution fails to do so, the penalty against the company varies from $30 to $100 per form ($500,000 maximum per year), depending on how long past the deadline the company issues the form. If a company intentionally disregards the requirement to provide a correct payee statement, it is subject to a minimum penalty of $250 per statement, with no maximum.

This helped me get back on track to getting taxes done, thanks! When I brought up the 1099 form they figured out that they had misfiled some of the checks that had been payed to me and are sending it now.