Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did my taxes on 1/29and my federal and state got accepted and I have received my state taxes. I haven’t received my federal yet. It’s been about 15 days is this normal

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I did my taxes on 1/29and my federal and state got accepted and I have received my state taxes. I haven’t received my federal yet. It’s been about 15 days is this normal

Yes, this is normal for a lot of people. The IRS and your state have separate refunding procedures and schedules, which just means your refunds are processed separately and at different times. So that means some people can get their state refund before getting the federal one, and vice versa.

You can use the IRS Where's My Refund site for the latest status on your federal tax refund.

NOTE: If you claimed Earned Income/Additional Child Tax credit on your return, the government is holding those returns until around mid-February. And refunds from those returns will start releasing in late February. You can find more details on that here PATH Act delayed refunds for some filers

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, this is normal for a lot of people. The IRS and your state have separate refunding procedures and schedules, which just means your refunds are processed separately and at different times. So that means some people can get their state refund before getting the federal one, and vice versa.

You can use the IRS Where's My Refund site for the latest status on your federal tax refund.

NOTE: If you claimed Earned Income/Additional Child Tax credit on your return, the government is holding those returns until around mid-February. And refunds from those returns will start releasing in late February. You can find more details on that here PATH Act delayed refunds for some filers

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies