Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot activate my card it sends me invalid activation codes and I have to spend $30 just to talk to a representative

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I cannot activate my card it sends me invalid activation codes and I have to spend $30 just to talk to a representative

If you really want someone to answer you leave a bad review on the app. That's the only reply I've gotten so far and I've contacted threw email phone and social media. But their reply to the comment helped me ahold of a real person and fix my issue.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

If you're referring to a Turbo Prepaid VISA Card, that customer support is not handled by TurboTax Support.  That is handled by the Card's customer service, and there is no fee to talk to them.

Are you trying to activate at the Card's website (link below) using the tool there at the landing page--the blue Activate Card button?

If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, please phone them at (888) 285-4169 or go to the Card's website:

https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/

I've called all number and tried the sites and apps. It's all automated and sends you to TurboTax I can not get ahold of a single person or have the option to. It's a giant loop. And once again my main problem is them sending me invalid activation codes for my card.

I don't have a way to simulate that since I don't have that Card, so I'm having to guess a bit at what you might be presented.    If you have a screen that asks for a code sent to you, be sure you are not closing the original screen when you go to check for a code.   If you close it, it probably deactivates the code.   Use a second browser window or second browser tab and leave the first interface open.

If you can't reach anyone at the Turbo Prepaid Card customer support, I don't know why.   You can contact a TurboTax Support agent for free via messaging at Facebook or Twitter, and perhaps they can suggest something.

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax
or
https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

Also keep watching this thread and someone may offer another suggestion here.

Thanks you for trying to help. I actually had the code sent to other phones even so I could make sure it didn't close the original page. I've been locked out now due to trying these invalid codes. I've tried threw phone and email on multiple devices thinking it was my phone messing up. I've tried the actual turbotax Visa card support they don't give a representative only an automated voice that won't help with this issue. I will try to use the social media or something idk 

At the Turbo Prepaid Card's automated menu, after a long introductory spiel, it will ask you for the 16-digit card number.  If that hasn't been working, then the next time ignore that, then right after that, it will also say you can enter your SSN instead.   Have you tried entering your SSN when prompted to see if that allows you to reach a live agent?

I will try once again. Thanks 

If you really want someone to answer you leave a bad review on the app. That's the only reply I've gotten so far and I've contacted threw email phone and social media. But their reply to the comment helped me ahold of a real person and fix my issue.

suspectdasloth
Returning Member

did your problem ever get solved i see quite some time has passed and im currently going through the same thing please help me....

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

For any assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa, please click here to contact customer service. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

OMFG ! the same number with the same prompts and the same BS !   2 month's i been trying to talk to someone to help me. I NEED  to speak to someone that can effect my tax card. 

It just asks for card number  but if you never got the card you can't give the number   and if you have 2 cards  but only know one number but it's not the one you never got  it still doesn't help  and i never get a prompt to talk to a person or wait on hold  PLEASE HELP ME I AM STARVING! 

@ zachariahburns19 wrote:

It just asks for card number  but if you never got the card you can't give the number   and if you have 2 cards  but only know one number but it's not the one you never got  it still doesn't help  and i never get a prompt to talk to a person or wait on hold  PLEASE HELP ME I AM STARVING! 

Are you trying to report a card as never received so that they will send out a new one?   If so, ignore the 16-digit request and ignore the request for SSN at that point.  Keep listening.  One of the prompts is to report a card as "lost, stolen, or never received."   Choose that.   That at the next prompt listen for a prompt "to report as never received."   When you choose that, I believe it will then ask for your SSN, but I don't know for sure what happens after that (I have no way to test it).    And I don't know how it tells "which" card at that point, so if you're lucky, maybe it would transfer you to a live person.

If you can't reach anyone or resolve your issue, the Turbo Card's support is separate from TurboTax Support.  But if it was me, I'd still call TurboTax Support to at least complain about the Turbo Card's poor customer service.  I don't know if they can suggest anything or not, but they need to be aware of the poor service.   They might say the Card is not under their purview, but the Turbo Card has obvious TurboTax and Intuit logos on its website which also happens to be a URL at intuit.com.  So it's their same brand that's being tarnished.

TurboTax Support hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

at the point which you supply the ss#  it then informs you that you have two cards with them pleas input the card number you are referring to so we can narrow down your search .   but i don't have the card number so they can't  narrow down the search .  and  i can't seem to get anyone on the phone 

The fine folks at turbo tax .com can't help either  although they can clearly see both cards and all the information associated with the accounts they can't give the information to me or actually DO  anything with it even if i had the card number they could only tell me yup that's the one. i spent more than an hour on the phone with one of their reps. only took them 14 minutes to call me back through the website  i wish the site that had control of my card could be that helpful

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies